Here it is. My self-indulgent year end list of my favorite music, as determined by no real objective process. I’m posting them without comment, as soapboxing on my non-objective preferences feels weird to me. HOWEVER! I geek the crap out of stuff like this, so I will totally have a conversation with you about any of these or stuff I left off or whatever.
If you have Spotify, you can click through the album art to listen to the whole thing.
Without further ado…
30. Is Survived By by Touché Amoré
29. Heartthrob by Tegan and Sara
28. The Speed of Things by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
27. Embark, Embrace by Enemies
26. Evil Friends by Portugal. The Man
25. Days are Gone by Haim
24. Pure Heroine by Lorde
23. Everything is Debatable by Hellogoodbye
22. Migrant by The Dear Hunter
21. Put Yourself Back Together by Real Friends
20. Limits of Desire by Small Black
19. Corsicana Lemonade by White Denim
18. Permanent Signal by Porcelain Raft
17. Their / They’re / There by Their / They’re / There
16. You’re Always on My Mind by A Great Big Pile of Leaves
15. Mechanical Bull by Kings of Leon
14. Let’s Be Still by The Head and The Heart
13. Kveikur by Sigur Rós
12. Soft Will by Smith Westerns
11. Country Sleep by Night Beds
10. Repave by Volcano Choir
9. Modern Vampires of the City by Vampire Weekend
8. Intersections by Into It. Over It.
7. Muchacho by Phosphorescent
6. The Bones of What You Believe by CHVRCHES
5. Doom Loop by Mansions
4. Adding Up the Wasted Hours by The Lonely Forest
3. Talon of the Hawk by The Front Bottoms
2. What You Don’t See by The Story So Far
1. The Greatest Generation by The Wonder Years